rosso toscano igt
- Grapes: Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot
- Region: Montecucco – Seggiano – Toscana
- Type of soil: clay based soil with Galestro
(local rock type)
- Training system: spurred cordon
- Altitude: 250-450 mt.
- Plant density: 5.200 plants/Ha
- Harvest period: 20-30 September
- Serving temperature: 16-18°C (60 – 64 °F)
- Reccomended glass: a large glass, narrowing at the rim
- Aging potential: 5 years
- Bottle sizes: 0,75 and 1,5 lt
Fermentation is carried out on the skins for about 10-15 days
at a controlled temperature (27-28°C). This phase is followed by the malolactic inless steel vats, specifically designed for the delicate extraction of tannin and color. Finally the wine is bottled and stored so that the wine may continue to age.
Ruby red color; the bouquet is joyful, with a wonderful floreal aroma and hints of violet. The wine is fruity with notes of just gathered fresh fruit. The taste reveals ample freshness and minerality. The good sapidity give the palate a pleasant drink.