Rosso IGT Toscano
rosso toscano igt
- Grapes: Cabernet Sauvignon e Merlot
- Region: Montecucco – Seggiano – Toscana
- Type of soil: clay based soil with Galestro (local rock type) and stony subsoil
- Training system: spurred cordon
- Altitude: 250-450 mt.
- Plant density: 5.200 plants/Ha
- Alcohol level: 13,5% vol.
- Harvest period: 20-30 September
- Serving temperature: 18-20°C (64 – 68 °F)
- Reccomended glass: a large glass, narrowing at the rim
- Aging potential: 10 years
- Bottles per box: 6 bottles
- Format: 0,75 Cl
Allergens: contains sulfites
Fermentation is carried out on the skins for about 10-15 days
at a controlled temperature (27-28°C).
This phase is followed by the malolactic fermentation in stainless steel vats, specifically designed for the delicate extraction of tannin and color.
After this process the wine is poured into small french oak barrels.
Finally the wine is bottled and stored so that the wine may continue to age.
Deep, ruby red, the wine gives a pleasant and delicate aroma of red berry fruits. The bouquet is characterized by spicy aromas and light vanilla.
The taste is soft and elegant.