Montecucco Sangiovese DOCG
montecucco sangiovese docg
- Grapes: Sangiovese
- Region: Montecucco – Seggiano – Toscana
- Type of soil: stony soil with medium consistency, presence of galestro and good draining subsoil
- Training system: spurred cordon
- Altitude: 400 mt.
- Plant density: 5.200 plants/Ha
- Alcohol level: 14% vol.
- Harvest period: 20-30 September
- Serving temperature: 18-20°C (64 – 68 °F)
- Recommended glass: a large glass, narrowing at the rim
- Aging potential: over 10 years
- Bottle sizes: 0,75; 1.5; 3 lt
Allergens: contains sulfites
he wine is obtained from the Sangiovese vineyard located in the higher part of the estate with south/west sun-exposure. Fermentation is carried out on the skins for about 15-20 days at a controlled temperature (27-28°C). This phase is followed by the malolactic fermentation in stainless steel vats, specifically
designed for the delicate extraction of tannin and color. After this process the wine is poured into 3000 liter oak barrels where it is aged for 12 months.
Finally the wine is bottled and stored so that the wine may continue to age.
Deep ruby red color verging on garnet; intense scent reminding red fruits well integrated with the tertiary aromas of wood spice originated in refining.
The taste reflects the smell sensation, well balanced, very persistent with a fine tannin level.