maremma toscana sangiovese doc
- Grapes: Sangiovese
- Region: Maremma Toscana Doc, Seggiano, Grosseto
- Type of soil: Clay-sandy soil with stony subsoil
- Training system: spurred cordon
- Altitude: 300 mt.
- Plant density: 5.200 plants/Ha
- Alcohol level: 14% vol.
- Harvest period: 20-30 September
- Serving temperature: 16-18°C (62 – 64 °F)
- Reccomended glass: a large glass, narrowing at the rim
- Aging potential: 10 years
- Format: 0,75 lt
Allergens: contains sulfites
Fermentation is carried out on the skins for about 10-15 days at a controlled temperature (27-28°C). This phase is followed by the malolactic fermentation in stainless steel vats, specifically designed for the delicate extraction of tannin and color. After this process the wine is poured into small french oak barrels
for 8/10 months. Finally the wine is bottled and stored so that the wine may continue to age.
he aroma is clean and clear with hints of maraschino cherries and little berry fruits. The bouquet is also characterized by a well-balanced spicyness. The full and sharp flavour expresses its intensity and elegance.